Dentistry today has drastically changed due to this Covid-19 pandemic. All medical professional are at a high risk during treatments due to the possible transmission of virus through breathe or aerosol. Also a dentist comes in close contact with the patient’s oral cavity, saliva and blood within almost 16 inches close. It is important to maintain safe distances else take precautions. Such as wearing masks, face shield, gloves, head and eye gears to cover oneself. Thinking to visit a Dentist During COVID-19 Pandemic?
Trust Your Safety With Us, Trust Your Smile With Us. Visit your dentist for dental emergencies. Covid-19 Safety Measures Continue:
Look out for dentists who have advanced techniques to complete most dental procedures including whereas consulting and final restorations; on the same day. This way you will limits your travel. Even touch points and also your treatment sorted in a day rather than few weeks.
Must have Clinic Protocols to encourage Patient visit Dentist during Covid:
- Introduction of PPE kits for the dentists and dental assistants consists of non-impermeable gown with a hood, shoe cover, N-95 mask, protective eyewear, face shield, head cap and surgical latex double gloves.
- A telephonic conversation is a must wherein the receptionist should take a thorough medical history of the patient. Take travel history or respiratory issues.
- At the reception desk of the dental office, also the patient entering given a hand sanitizer followed by gloves. However each and every patient entering should strictly wear a mask and hand gloves. A digital thermometer must also be used for thermal screening and record the temperature on the patient’s Covid-19 sent form.
Don’t Quarantine From A Perfect Smile!
- A declaration form to given to the patient to write travel history.
- Continue thorough sterilisation of dental equipment and instrument for best hygiene and safe practising.
- Educating the dental staff whereas follow sterilization protocols, precise handling of dental instruments.
- The premises continue to be cleaned with 1 % sodium hypochlorite. Surfaces should disinfected with 1% sodium hypochlorite after every procedure and after finishing daily work.
You May Visit Your Dentist Now To Avoid COVID 19 + Dental Emergencies!
However, Walk-in patients without any prior dental appointments should encouraged with no signs and symptoms of fever, cold, cough, body pain, breathlessness. Such patients should treated only under dental emergencies. All these guidelines updated from time to time and hence the dentist should informative and known to everyday procedures.
That being said as dentists and dental practitioners we trained to handle such circumstances and hence dentistry safe.